Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bureucracy and Bare Minerals. Wednesday October 17
















Today was an interesting day. There is a container of donated product being sent from America that is being held in Constanta because there is some random form missing. It was about an hour in the office just trying to figure out what they needed. Then in addition to that they needed all the papers translated into Romanian from English. Just a pain. I put in a call to Daniel to see if he could help on the translation. I know he is so swamped between his job and translating on the side, but of course being the guy he is his reply was “sure, why not, send them over”. It is so nice to not only have good friends, but also talented ones.

Next stop was one of the government offices to try and gain some support with getting a daycare built adjacent to the orphanage. The red tape is unbelievable. It seems like you need a permit to apply for the permit, then maybe you can get the permit, but not before you have an engineer assess the location, then an architect draw up the plan, then an engineer to approve it, then a final permit...

My head was spinning just trying to grasp the process.

I emailed my friend Esteban who works for the European Commission so hopefully he may know an engineer that he can recommend to at least get the ball rolling.

Once back at the house the girls were hanging out in my room, and got hold of my make-up. Before I knew it they were all sporting tons of bare minerals, pure radiance, and lip gloss.
They had also taken control of my digital camera so I only have pictures of Nico. She was looking good though and working it for the camera! I would have loved to have pictures of them all though. Super cute.

No comments: